Monday, July 22, 2013

Psychological Appeal


Well....I bought it. When I say "it", I don't just mean the album. I mean every single word that was said in this ad. I did indeed order this deluxe edition album, and I was not disappointed. This ad appeals to us on many leavels, but I saw it most on a narrative level. The way that Ben talks about how buying an album used to mean something more than going and downloading off of iTunes, I remember that. It made me nastolgic for all my thrashed and trashed CDs because it reminded me what it was like to really feel like I own something, physically own something. The great thing about this commercial was that it not only sold you an album, but it sold you on the idea of Macklemore's authenticity. This ad was able to completely sell the album while adding, with out us even realizing it, to the brand of himself that he has created. He uses passion and emotion because that is what makes someone buy something over and over again, not just sells them one hysical object.

No comments:

Post a Comment