Monday, July 22, 2013

Political Appeal


This skit done on Saturday Night Live persuades people to think about everything going on with gun control. It does so by making fun of the lack of stipulations put into place. By appealing to people through their sense of humor, the ad is able to make a point without stirring up a whole lot of controversy. The opinions are clear in the skit. The Senators are made to look like fools as they describe their lack of initiative in the case of gun control while making it sound like they have made leaps and bounds. The channel of this clip plays a huge role as well. The are able to bring up an issue in an appealing and non threatening way on a comedy show. I know I personally love watching SNL during elections and things because I know that I will get a bit of a break from the run of the mill campaigns I have been viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment